Thursday, May 3, 2007

Stiuqxela

I just thought I'd mention stiuqxela again during my random musings. The EUFA league champion semifinals were on this week, and they were very entertaining to watch. I had not been into soccer until the world cup this past year, but it is really growing on me. I still don't like it as much as the NFL or NBA though. Speaking of the NBA, the first round of the playoffs are taking place this week also. I hope that the Golden State Warriors pull it out over the Dallas Mavericks. Dirk is an overated player so I hope he loses. I personally am a fan of the Wizards, but once Arenas and Butler went down, I knew their season was over.

2 comments:

Matt Kates said...

I think that the European mindset, which Dirk has, is soft and doesn't hold up in the physical, pressure play of the playoffs.
We saw it again this year after the Mavs blew a 2-0 lead against the Heat last year in the Finals.
Have fun playing golf, Dirk.
You're probably bad at that too.
Stiuqxela.
Babe Ruth.

rcarman said...

I agree with you completely. The only way for my mind to be change is for a European star leading a team to an NBA championship. This is not meant to diminish their skills and ability, as they have obviously done very well on the international stage. However, I feel that their game does not fit well with that of the NBA.